Deciding which furniture is the right fit for your space ultimately comes down to the design of the room, your style preference, and the overall function of the piece. As much as we would like for our home or office to look like it’s straight out of the pages of a magazine, realistically these spaces are created for and meant to be lived in.
Life happens daily but our furniture doesn’t necessarily have to look like it does. How can you best care for your upholstered, vintage, and other favorite furniture to ensure it lasts?
- Clean your pieces properly. Know the type of fabric and be sure you have the right tools for the job.
- Don’t let stains set in. Always blot the stain and resist the urge to scrub it. Scrubbing can cause the stain to set in further and potentially damage the fabric on your piece.
- Always remove surface level dirt first. Use a vacuum or horsehair brush to remove all surface level dust and dirt.
- When in doubt, call a professional to clean it for you. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Use slipcovers to protect the pieces that are used most often.
- Consider restoring your older, well-loved pieces. They will look just as beautiful – if not better – as they did when first purchased.
- Reupholster pieces with new, more durable fabric.
At GAMINO Décor we are a one-stop-shop offering many services that will breathe new life into your most loved furniture protecting them for years to come.
- Custom Slipcovers
- Furniture Restoration
- High quality fabrics by Crypton – odor and stain resistant making it some of the most durable fabric available
GAMINO Décor has the solutions you need to keep your spaces looking stylish and functional. Visit our website www.gaminodecor.com for more information or call 818-559-6314 today for a free estimate or to schedule an appointment.