Fall is here! It’s time to switch up your décor and get into the holiday spirit. When you think of fall– colorful leaves, cornstalks, and all things pumpkin probably come to mind. However, you have multiple options when decorating your home to give a trendy, autumn vibe!
To get your home in the seasonal mood, follow some of these simple decor tips:
- Warm Up a Room – If you have a large open space, consider swapping out your couch pillows with rich, warm shades in various textures. Use coordinating throws across a few pieces of furniture to accentuate the cozy feel.
- Go Rustic – Rustic décor evokes a sense of warmth, yet can still be modern if done right. Use antiques, mixed metals and heirlooms throughout a room. If you have a fireplace, showcase a large stack of firewood to add a bit of rural charm to the space. For your mantle décor, display a large mirror or seasonal photo, and a few candles and mismatched metal vases with sticks in some.
- Bring the Outdoors In – Indulge in all of nature’s beautiful foliage before winter sets in. Fill vases with clippings of flowers and colorful foliage and place throughout your home. Wow your guests with a dining table decorated with pumpkins, gourds and seasonal foliage.
- Incorporate Candles – Festive smelling candles and elegant tea lights and candle sticks incorporate beautifully with fall décor. Use lanterns or tall glass hurricanes with pillar candles surrounded by corn, leaves and berries to create a charming display.
- Paint Pumpkins – An elegant and creative project is painting miniature pumpkins. Use metallic colors to paint solid and designed (if you are more ambitious) pumpkins. These look beautiful in centerpieces and throughout shelves in your home.
How do you plan on decorating for the season? Show us your pictures on GAMINO DÉCOR’s Facebook page!
If you are looking to have seasonal throw pillows, or accent furniture pieces upholstered, click here for a free estimate from GAMINO DÉCOR.