A well-loved piece of furniture can quickly go from new and clean to dirty and dingy. While Gamino Upholstery is a great way to restore your over-used furniture, there are also ways to help keep your fabric looking beautiful for a long time. Vacuuming the furniture regularly will help, but a deep clean might be needed a couple of times a year. Try these easy steps to give your upholstered furniture a good scrub down.
1) Use a small dusting brush to remove any loose dirt or dust. If your piece of furniture has extra cushions, remove those and brush them off separately.
2) Grab your vacuum and go to town. The brush attachment on many vacuums will help remove any dust and dirt left behind by brushing. Make sure to vacuum both sides of any loose cushions.
3) Stir up an upholstery detergent made of 1 part laundry detergent and 4 parts warm water (don’t use a detergent with bleach in it). Beat the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Once mixed, test the detergent in an inconspicuous spot on your furniture to make sure.
4) Use a sponge to rub the mixture on your furniture, then wipe it away with a cloth. For tough spots or stains, let the detergent sit for a few minutes before wiping it away.
5) Let it dry. Then, enjoy your clean and beautiful upholstered pieces.
If your upholstered furniture is beyond cleaning, contact GAMINO Upholstery and Décor to reinvent your favorite pieces.