With endless options to choose from, finding the perfect window treatments for your home can be tricky. Sheer fabric or blinds? Large velvet drapes or shutters? When deciding on window treatments, it is easy to choose based on the color or print of the window treatments. However, your priority when choosing window treatments should first be deciding whether you need privacy, light or both. After that is decided on, it is easy to find a stylish choice in whatever window treatment type works for you.
Window treatments should be a décor accessory, not something you hope nobody notices when looking out your windows. Window treatments can be a functional AND stylish way to pull a room together.
Use these tips to help you choose the type of window treatment right for your space.
- Draperies – The contemporary floor-to-ceiling drapery offers light, as well as privacy. This is a great option for bedrooms. Draperies can be installed on the wall or the ceiling.
- Sheer Window Treatments – This is one of the best options if you desire a room filled with natural light. Sheet window treatments are chic, elegant, and ideal for common areas such as livingrooms.
- Roller Shades– This option is easy to install and offers a large amount of privacy due to the perforated texture. Roller shades are a great option for rooms like bathrooms because of privacy, but they also allow natural light to filter in.
- Blackout Curtains – Containing a blackout lining, this option allows very little natural light to come through due to its very dense fabric, sewn onto the back of drapery fabric. This is a great option for those who have difficulty sleeping with any light from outdoors that shines through. Blackout curtains are also great for theatre rooms that contain windows.
- Layered Window Treatments – This option also prevents much natural light from entering the room depending on the material used. Layered window treatments can give your windows a bold, rich look by using strong colors mixed with a gold layer. If you like the layered look but want more natural light, you can still layer sheer fabrics.
With the help from GAMINO DECOR, you can enhance your space with new, elegant window treatments!
Click here for a FREE online estimate